Bistrotheque co-founder David Waddington is kindly providing us with a Recipe of the Week during his tenure
as the first Murdock Man. As it's a Friday evening before Christmas, it's time for a mulled something but that
something doesn't have to be wine. As we tasted at the Murdock Man launch party that David's events company Waddington-Collins catered, a spiced cider is a more masculine alternative to a mulled wine.
- 2 litres of good quality dry cider, e.g. Westons Organic
- 100 grams Muscovado or Demerara sugar
- 1 orange cut into wedges
- 2 apples
- 20 Cloves
- 20 all spice berries
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 bottle of dark rum
Method (simple and quick - it's Friday, you don't want to wait around for your drink)
- Stud the apples with the cloves.
- Place all the ingredients in a pan and warm gently, but do not boil. Check to see if the cider is sweet enough, add more sugar if needed.
- Serve in small glass cups or toddy glasses.