The Hine Christmas Cocktail
We held a little Christmas shindig in Murdock Soho
for some neighbours recently and like all good festive parties we wanted to serve a Christmassy tipple.
So we asked our good friend and cocktail maestro Johan Ekelund (aka Mr Sharp & Dapper) to create something that conjures the velvet jacket wearing side of the holiday season rather than your red-nosed uncle slowly grumbling his way to sleep at the dinner table.
And my word, like St Nick on Christmas Eve, did he deliver the goods. A Hine cognac cocktail that'll be your new favourite festive tradition.
What you'll need:
How to make it:
30ml H by Hine Cognac
30ml LBV Port
15ml sugar syrup
1 Whole nutmeg
1. Measure ingredients in to a shaker.
2. Shake once without ice to really mix the egg with the ingredients.
3. Open shaker, pour in ice and shake again until the shaker is REALLY cold.
4. Use a strainer to strain the drink in to a cocktail glass.
5. Finish of with a grating of nutmeg.
Le-voilà. C'est Noël.